Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My First Quilt

I LOVE quilts. I think they are beautiful. I prefer sleeping under a beautiful, warm quilt to a traditional bedspread any day. Martha Stewart has some incredible ones at Macy's and I actually have one of hers on my bed that I got on sale. Here is a close-up of the embroidery.



Love it! I have lots of color in the rest of my house but in the bedroom I like to keep it warm and neutral and light. I find it more relaxing.

So I got it into my head a few weeks ago to make a quilt. I took some of the girls' old receiving blankets and made a small quilt. It was tough and it took a few weeks to get it done but I am extremely happy with how it turned out.

Here is the front, cut from receiving blankets.


The backing fabric I found on Amazon .


It was not an easy undertaking but I'm so proud of myself for finishing it and now the girls will have a comfy quilt to snuggle with that mommy made for them.

2 comments:

  1. It is B E A U T I F U L!!!!!!! You did an AMAZING job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome! Great job!! Love your Martha Stewart quilt too :)

    ReplyDelete