Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Naval Aviation Centennial

This past Saturday was the 100th birthday of Naval Aviation. North Island on Coronado hosted the event and had booths and military aircraft on display and had an air demonstration of all the different types of aircraft in today's military. Tim was lucky enough to be able to fly in the formation of 53's from his squadron, HMH-466, The Wolfpack. He told me how excited he was that he would get to be a part of history. After all, Naval Aviation only turns 100 once!

For about two seconds I considered going to the Centennial with the kids. By myself. In a huge crowd of thousands of people. With a 2-year old, 1-year old and 4-month old. Okay nevermind, bad idea. I mean, I wish I could have gone and gotten pictures of Tim flying and actually been able to SEE him fly (I still have never done this and he's had his wings for almost four year), but after hearing that some people were stuck in traffic downtown for FOUR hours, I'm so glad I did not. Can you say nervous breakdown?

Anyway, Tim took our camera with him and had his crew chief take pictures during the flight. They turned out so well.


You can see his name on the back of his helmet.




Look at all those people crammed onto the U.S.S. Midway

I'm so proud of my husband for what he has chosen to do with his life. And I'm so proud to be able to say that I'm a Marine Corps wife. Semper Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment