My latest project almost had it in for me. And my kitchen table.
When I started this project I naively thought that I'd simply whip up a few flowers, glue them to the shade and ta-da!!! a gorgeous and effortless new lampshade.
Effortless?...Not so much.
But we'll save the drama for later.
Sooooo, a while back I refurbished a couple of ebay lamps.
I ended up in love with one of them and it's now on my nightstand, but the other one needed some improvements.
So I decided to change everything.
I bought three yards of white muslin and a new box of 24 glue sticks for my glue gun and got to work.
My table became a barren wasteland of ripped muslin and dried glue strings everywhere.
You see, genius that I am decided to cover the entire shade with the rosettes. Not just a small part of it. So after many days of twirling and blistered fingers I had this:
The problem was, after twirling a dozen or so rosettes, my fingers would cramp and start to look like the hands of an 85-year old, so I could only do so many a day.